Spotify is a very popular Music streaming application. It is available for all platforms. Spotify is basically a premium application with paid monthly packages. However, there is also a trial for 14 days. So, you can test it out before buying any of their monthly package. Lately, a lot of Spotify users are facing “your country does not match the one set in your profile” error. It is a very strange error and before today there was practically no solid solution. However, our team has now come up with a solution for this strange spotify error.
Our team tried different methods. Finally, our hit and trial methods landed us to a solid and simple solution to this error. If you are also facing “your country does not match the one set in your profile” error then you must read on.
Why Your Country Does Not Match the One Set in your Profile Error Occur?
Before we go into the details and talk about the solution, let’s speak of the reason behind this error. There are mainly two reasons behind this error. So, is it possible to avoid this problem? Yes, it is entirely possible to avoid this Spotify error if you take proper care.
As mentioned earlier there are two reasons for this error.
- You linked your Spotify account with social network and the country in your social media account is different from the one you used to create your Spotify account.
- You are traveling and Spotify detected that you are in a different country using the IP address. So, it will now start showing this error.
Also Read: How to Delete Google History and Data?
Now the question which may arise is how to avoid the “your country does not match the one set in your profile” error. It is very simple. There is no rocket science behind this.
Make sure not to link your Spotify account with any social media account until and unless the country on both accounts is same. Secondly, if you are traveling, then you must use VPN or proxy to make sure this error does not pop up. So, if you are careful then you can easily avoid this Spotify error code: 48.
Solve Your Country Does Not Match the One Set in your Profile:
If you are facing this issue then do not worry. We have finally come up with a very easy and simple solution. All you have to do is to follow the below step by step guide to get rid of this issue.
- Open spotify application on desktop.
- If you try to login and it gives you “your country does not match the one set in your profile” error then click on settings.
- Select HTTP as Proxy Type.
- Get ip address and port from here.
- Keep username and password fields empty and click on update proxy.
- It will now take you back to the login screen. Now you can login to your spotify account and enjoy free quality music.
This method works like charm. We have tested the same method on multiple accounts and we were able to successfully get rid of the error. You can also try this method. Give your feedback in the comments.