Notes app has always been very helpful. You just have to open an app and start typing your thoughts, take notes, create checklists. Now with iOS11, you can do a lot more. Many additional features has been added to the app. One of the best things is that you can use Instant Notes on iPhone and iPad right from your lock screen.You don’t have to enter a passcode or use Touch ID to unlock your iPhone or iPad to open Notes app. Just tap on a screen and open Notes app from Control Center. But first you have to enable it to use Instant Notes on iPhone or iPad.
Use Instant Notes on iPhone and iPad
Enable Notes in Control Center:
To access Notes from the Control Center, follow the steps enlisted below.
- Open “Settings” from the Home Screen.
- Scroll down and find “Control Center“. Tap on it.
- In the next window, you’ll find “Customize Controls” option. Tap on it.
- Here, you will a list of apps. Navigate to “Notes” and then tap on it.
After completing these steps successfully, “Notes” icon will appear in “Control Center“. Now you can access Notes from the Control Center.
Also Read: 5 Best Cloud Storage Apps for iPhone
Enable Instant Notes From Lock Screen:
Although, you have enabled Notes in Control Center but still you can’t access Notes from the lock screen. For that, follow these steps.
- Open “Settings” again.
- Scroll down and tap on “Notes“
- Now, under “Lock Screen and Control Center“, you’ll see “Access Notes from Lock Screen“. Tap on it.
- A new window will appear. There will be three options. Select any one option. Three options will be:
- Off. (Select this option if you want to disable Notes from the lock screen.)
- Always Create New Note.
- Resume Last Note.
If you have selected “Resume Last Note” then further options will appear. You can select the amount of time after which you want to create a new note or in other words, you can resume last note within the selected amount of time. You can select any of the following time intervals.
- After 5 Minutes
- After 15 Minutes
- After 1 Hour
- Once Daily
That’s all. Now, you can use Instant Notes on iPhone or iPad from your lock screen. To test whether you have done it a right way, just lock your iPhone or iPad and then swipe up from bottom of the screen. A Control Center will appear. Tap on “Notes” icon. Here you go.
Let us know if you have any query regarding how to use Instant Notes on iPhone or iPad.