Both Samsung and Microsoft are on very good terms. Both the companies collaborated to launch Samsung Galaxy S8 Microsoft Edition. After killing the Windows Phone, it looks like now the company is targeting the Android market. A few days ago Microsoft officially launched Microsoft Edge for Android and Microsoft Android Launcher. So, it is quite clear that company is now shifting its focus to the Android market.
Also Read: Microsoft Android Launcher now Available
Recently Samsung launched an application Samsung Flow which allows you to unlock Windows 10 PC with Samsung Phone. This application is compatible with a lot Samsung smartphones. At this point, we do not have any exact date of launch. So, using Samsung Flow, you can quickly unlock Windows 10 PC with the fingerprint scanner on your phone. Moreover, it will also allow you to sync the notifications on both machines and will streamline the tethering process.
It is very easy to unlock Windows 10 PC with Samsung phone. Just follow the below steps and you will be good to go.
How to unlock Windows 10 PC with Samsung Phone
Install Samsung Flow on your Phone
- Install Samsung Flow from Google Play Store on your phone. You can download it from here.
- Launch the application and grant all permission it asks for.
- Now accept the license agreement and you are good to go.
Install Samsung Flow on Windows 10 PC
To unlock Windows 10 PC with Samsung Phone it is important to install Smasung Flow on your system. Please follow the below steps to install Samsung Flow on your system.
- Install Samsung Flow on your Windows 10 PC from Windows Store.
- While downloading and installing Samsung Flow on your system it will prompt you to install some drivers.
- After downloading the required drivers, select the installation folder and install drivers on your PC.
Pair Windows 10 PC with Samsung Phone
To unlock windows 10 PC with Samsung Phone you need pair them using Bluetooth. Here’s how you can pair them within few seconds.
- Turn on bluetooth on your both devices.
- Make sure Samsung Flow application is open on both devices.
- Now on your PC there is a Pair button in Samsung Flow application. Click on it.
- Select your phone from the list of available devices.
- Now you are successfully paired with your Samsung Phone.
Unlock your Windows 10 PC with Samsung Phone
- Now lock your phone.
- Press any key on your PC and it will ask you to enter the password.
- Now open Samsung Flow and it will ask you to scan your finger.
- Once you scan your finger it will unlock your Windows 10 PC.
This will only work if you put your PC on hibernation or it is automatically locked. However, if you restart your PC or shuts it down then you will not be able to unlock it using Samsung Flow. In this case, you will have to unlock it by entering the pin or password.