Huawei is rolling out official Android 8.0 and EMUI 8.0 update for both Huawei and Honor series phones. Update to the latest version of Android is available through both official and beta channels. There are certain phones with no official update. People can register for the beta program, update their phone to the latest Android 8.0 and share their feedback with the company. The purpose of this beta program is to fix all the bugs and issues before rolling out the official update. However, mostly these beta programs are region specific. Huawei Mate 9 Oreo update is now officially available with the latest EMUI 8.0. It has all the latest features of Android Oreo along with added new features of EMUI 8.0. We will not be discussing the features of Mate 9 Oreo update here. In fact, we will talk about installing Huawei Mate 9 Oreo update.
Also Read: ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 8
Huawei Mate 9 Oreo update is already available. The company followed the original Mate 9 Oreo released date and started rolling out the update. If in case you have not received the OTA or for some reason you want to install Mate 9 Android Oreo update manually then you have come to the right place. Mankindtw released the original guide. However, for a novice it was confusing. So, I decided to over an elaborative guide based on his original guide. And I hope you will find it helpful.
Warning for Flashing Huawei Mate 9 Firmware Update:
Let me make it clear that flashing Huawei Mate 9 Firmware Update is risky. It will not void your warranty. However, if you do not follow the procedure correctly, then you might need to pay a visit to the service center. If you have important data on your phone, then make sure to create a backup. Flashing Huawei Mate 9 firmware update will completely restore your phone. If in case you brick your device while flashing Huawei Mate 9 Oreo update then DeviceBio or I do not hold any responsibility. You should proceed further at your own risk.
Prerequisites for Installing Mate 9 Android Oreo Update:
There are few important things you should take care of before flashing Huawei Mate 9 firmware update.
- Make sure to create a full fledge backup of your phone.
- Make sure that your phone has unlocked Bootloader. If you do not have then you will not be able to flash the firmware.
- Make sure to download and install ADB and Fastboot. Apart from that make sure that your computer has the latest Huawei Mate 9 USB drivers.
- The method we will discuss below and Huawei Mate 9 firmware update available below is only for Huawei Mate 9 (MHA-L29/MHA-L09). You should not try the method on any other Mate 9 firmware as it will not work and might even damage your phone.
MHA-L29 126.96.36.1991 (C432log) (Europe)
MHA-L29 188.8.131.521 (C636log) (Asia)
Guide to Install Huawei Mate 9 Oreo Update:
So, here is the complete step by step guide to install Huawei Mate 9 Oreo update.
- Make sure to download correct firmware file for your phone and HWOTA8 file from the above download links.
- Now extract HWOTA8 zip file on your computer. I will recommend to extract it in a folder on desktop.
- Connect Huawei Mate 9 with computer in fastboot mode. To fastboot it turn off your phone, press and hold the volume down key while it is turned off and connect a USB cable from PC to phone.
- Now double click on Replace_Recovery.bat file from your HWOTA8 extracted folder. It will install TWRP recovery on your Huawei Mate 9.
- Once TWRP installation completed, disconnect your phone from PC and turn it off. Now boot it into TWRP recovery by pressing and holding the Volume Up button while powering on the device. Leave the Power button as soon as you see the Huawei logo.
- Now connect your phone again with the PC.
- Create HWOTA8 folder on your phone’s internal storage.
- Now copy and paste the three firmware file and hwota8_update.zip, MHA_RECOVERY8_NoCheck.img from HWOTA8 folder on your desktop to HWOTA8 folder on your phone’s internal storage.
- Now go to TWRP recovery, tap on install and navigate to HWOTA8 folder on your phone’s internal storage.
- Select hwota8_update.zip and swipe at the bottom. It will now replace TWRP with stock recovery and install Huawei Mate 9 fiirmware update on your phone.
If you face issue while flashing Huawei Mate 9 Oreo Update then feel free to comment below.