Yesterday an OTA Galaxy Note Oreo update was leaked on Reddit. The leaked update is specifically for the Verizon Note 8 running on Snapdragon 835. In simple words, the leaked Note 8 Oreo update can only be installed on one variant of Galaxy Note 8, and that is SM-M950U. At this point, it is not clear if it is the final beta version or not. However, we believe that it is one of the interim betas. The new update also brings the much awaited Samsung Experience 9.0.
Also Read: How to uninstall system apps from Android?
The leaked update is only for the Verizon variant. However, you can also install it all unlocked Snapdragon 835 variants of Galaxy Note 8. All you have to do is to install the Nougat-based 2BQK2 firmware. Hence, you can install the update on your phone manually using ODIN. However, we do not recommend our users installing the beta version. There might be multiple bugs in the firmware. So, it is better to wait for the official update from Samsung.
Install Galaxy Note 8 Oreo Update:
If you are still interested in trying out the new Galaxy Note 8 Oreo update then here is short and simple guide for you.
Please understand that this Oreo firmware will only work for Snapdragon variant. If you try installing it on your Exynos based Galaxy Note 8 then you will soft brick your phone.
File to Download:
- Link for Nougat BQK2 Build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xTtsn6gcg4JEX2dYKPiXTWVhPiGPzIBn/view
- Link for Oreo Build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xTtsn6gcg4JEX2dYKPiXTWVhPiGPzIBn/view
Steps to Install Galaxy Note 8 Oreo Update:
- First of all make sure to create a complete backup of your phone.
- Open Settings -> About Device -> Software Information -> Build Number. Make sure that your build number ends with BQK2.
- If your phone is not on BQK2 build then download it along with the Oreo update and store it on SD card on your phone.
- Now go to your SD card using a file explorer and rename BQK2 file to update.zip.
- Now go to recovery mode. To enter the recovery mode turn off your Galaxy Note 8. Now press the power, Bixby and volume up buttons at the same time.
- It will show “installing updates” message and then an exclamation mark and after a minute it will take you to actual recovery mode.
- Use volume down button to go to “Apply update using sd card”.
- Enter in it by pressing the power button and now select update.zip file by pressing the power button.
- It will install BQK2 build and reboot your phone. Now open file manager, delete update.zip and now rename Oreo update to update.zip.
- Now follow step from 5 to 8 all again to install the Note 8 Oreo update on your phone.