If you are switching from one smartphone to another then transferring contacts is very easy. All you have to do is link the same Gmail account on the new phone and sync all your contacts. So, now you will have all your contacts from old phone to a new smartphone. However, this method will only work if you have synchronized all your contacts with your Gmail account. Now the major issue is when you switch from a feature phone, let’s say a Nokia feature phone to a smartphone then transferring contacts can be a headache. In this case, all you have is a CSV file for contacts. Is it possible to import contacts from CSV to Android phone? Let’s find out!
We are going to discuss three different methods to import contacts from CSV to android phone. We will discuss each method in detail to help you import your CSV contacts to Android. These will also help to answer how to import csv contacts to gmail.
Import Contacts from CSV to Android Phone:
Convert CSV to Vcard Android:
If you have a CSV file, then you can simply convert it to Vcard using a third party application. There are different applications available in the market. However, we will recommend CSV to vCard. CSV to vCard is a free contact file converter and helps in converting CSV file to Vcard within few seconds. The default format of the output file vcf but you can change it to Vcard as well.
Once you convert CSV to Vcard Android, you can transfer the file to your phone. Now open contacts, go to settings, select Import/Export, use the import option to choose the vcard file and save contacts on your Android phone. This complete process will hardly take three minutes.
Import Contacts from CSV to Android Phone with Gmail:
If you have a gmail account then you can easily transfer contact from csv to Android phone. All you have to do is to import CSV file to your gmail account and then sync the account on your phone. You will find a step by step guide for this method below.
Also Read: Clear OnePlus 5 Cache
- Sign in to your gmail account.
- Access your gmail contact from here.
- From the left hand side panel find More option and select Import.
- Now click on Import, it will open up a dialoogue and ask you to select a file. Select you CSV contact file.
- This will upload all contacts from CSV file to your gmail account.
- Now sign into your Gmail account on your Android phone.
- Go to Settings > Accounts & sync. Open your Google account. Select Sync Contacts > Sync now. When the sync process is completed you will have all your CSV contacts on your phone.
Import Contacts from CSV to Android Phone without Gmail:
If in case you do not have a gmail account on your phone then you can easily import contacts from CSV to Android phone without Gmail.
- Follow first five steps as explained in the previous method. Now select Export from left hand side panel. Select vCard as export format and save the file on your computer.
- Now connect your phone to your computer using a data cable.
- Transfer the vCard file to your phone.
- Now open contacts, go to settings, select Import/Export, use the import option to choose the vcard file. This will import all contacts on your Android phone.
We have discussed three different methods to import contacts from csv to Android phone. We personally liked convert csv to vcard Android method because it hardly consumes few minutes. Moreover, two methods out of these also help in answering how to import csv contacts to gmail. Try out these methods and if you face any issue feel free to comment below.