Chromecast, developed by Google, is one of the cheapest and easiest digital media players currently available in market. It allows you to stream videos, movies, music, series, TV shows and even photos directly from your smartphone or a laptop to your TV. Though, it is a product of Google but it is compatible on all types of devices like Android Phone, iPhone, iPad, Tablet, Windows Laptop, Macbook, or Chromebook. Google Chromecast setup is very easy but if you are not figuring out how to set up Chromecast then this guide will help you in completing it.
Set up Chromecast:
- Unpack your Chromecast and then plug it into your TV’s HDMI port. Connect the USB power cable to Chromecast. After that, for plugging in the other end of USB power cable, you’ll have two options; either you plug the other end into any available USB port on your TV or plug it into the adapter. If you plugs it into an adapter then you’ll have to plug that adapter into a power outlet.
- Download Google Chromecast app i.e. Google Home App. You can download it from both Play Store and App Store. There is another way to complete Google Chromecast setup by using it from Google Chrome browser. If you are a Chrome browser user then just go to Google Chromecast website and then follow the instructions.
Now turn on your TV and select the right input.
Also Read: Clear Android Browser History
- Open Google Home app and select a device. You’ll find it in the upper right corner of the screen. You can also connect through the notification to set up a new device.
- Now, most of the task will be completed by the Google Home app. You just have to tap on “Continue” when it prompts.
- A code will appear both on your TV and Google Home app. Tap “Yes” if they match.
- A new screen will appear. Here, you can choose a name for your Google Chromecast. You’ll see a random name generated by default but you can change it. You can also adjust some other settings like Privacy setting and Guest options.
- Connect Google Chromecast to a Wi-Fi network. Make sure that the device which you are using for a Google Chromecast setup and Google Chromecast itself, are both connected with a same Wi-Fi network.
- Technically, the Google Chromecast setup has been completed here but if you want to use some other additional features Chromecast then you have to add your Google account. But its optional.
If you are using Google Chromecast for the first time then you might need to take a tutorial. For that, navigate to “Learn How to Cast“. There are two ways you can cast a video from, a mobile device and Chrome browser. Now all you need to do is to find an app that is compatible to a Chromecast. In other words, you can cast a video from an app which has a built in casting. After that, open a video and just tap on a Chromecast logo.
This is a simple method to set up Chromecast but if you are still facing any issue then leave us a comment.