Google has recently released its latest Android Version, Android Oreo. As the trend follows, till now Android Oreo is only available to Google Pixel/Pixel XL and Nexus 5X and 6P. Usually, most of the Nexus users likes to root their devices. If you are one of them who wants to root their device then here is a working method for you. You can root Android 8.0 Oreo on Google Pixel and Nexus Devices by following a simple method.
Root Android 8.0 Oreo on Google Pixel
Before starting, make sure you have fulfilled these requirements to root Android 8.0 Oreo on Google Pixel or Nexus Devices.
- Unlock bootloader.
- Enable USB debugging after plugging in the data cable.
- Download and install the adb and fastboot on your PC. For that
- Download the installer for adb.
- Run the downloaded executable file on your PC as an administrator.
- Complete the setup.
- Make sure you have created a backup of your important data.
- Your device should be running on the official Android 8.0 Oreo.
Now you are ready to start the process to root Android 8.0 Oreo on Google Pixel or Nexus device. Follow the steps enlisted below.
- Download the following files and transfer them to your device’s internal storage.
- Download and transfer the TWRP file to your adb installation folder. You can rename the file for your ease. Find the respective file from the list and download.
- In order to boot the device into fastboot mode, power it off. Press and hold the Power and Volume Down keys. You’ll see a Fastboot Mode menu in few seconds.
- Plug in the USB cable and connect it to your PC.
- Go to ADB installation folder. In the address bar, type cmd and thenpress Enter key. This will open a command prompt window.
- In order to make sure that the connection is proper, enter the command “fastboot devices” in command prompt window and press Enter key. If you get your device’s serial number in return, it means connection is proper and device has been recognized.
- To flash the TWRP image use the command “fastboot boot recovery twrp.img“. Here, you have to replace TWRP file name with the one you set after downloading the file in step 2.
- Now, unplug your device and reboot it into recovery mode. For that, navigate to “Recovery mode” option using volume keys and then select it using “Power” button.
Till now, you have installed TWRP. Now, follow the final steps to complete the process.
- You are again in recovery mode. Select “Install” and then select “SuperSuConfig“.
- Now, tap on “Select more zips” and also select “SuperSU” zip.
- After selecting, swipe at bottom to flash both files.
- Select “Systemless SBIN” from “SuperSUConfig” AROMA installer. Select “Let SuperSu decide” for all other options.
- Tap on “Reboot system” button after flashing both files. You’ll find the button at the bottom of the screen.
Note: This tutorial is only for Google Pixel and Nexus devices running on Android 8.0 Oreo. You will not be eligible for the warranty after rooting your device.
That’s all. Enjoy the benefits of rooted Android 8.0. At the same time, you won’t be able to use multiple of apps. If you have any query regarding how to root Android 8.0 Oreo on Google Pixel and Nexus Devices then let us know. If you are facing any problem while rooting then leave us a comment below, we’ll help you out.