Touch screen tablets are very common, but lately, we have seen a lot of touch screen laptops. It is an added feature and a very useful one. However, if you do not wish to use the touch screen, then you can disable touch screen on Windows 10. It is very simple to turn off touch screen on Windows 10. But still, we get a lot of emails from our readers asking ‘How to Disable Touch Screen on Windows 10‘. So, today we are going to cover a step by step guide which will help you understand to disable touch screen on Windows 10 laptop.
Why Turn off Touch Screen on Windows 10?
Why would you disable touch screen on Windows 10 laptop? This is a very valid question. Well, there are different reasons for disabling the laptop touch screen. May be you are someone who is annoyed of frequent unintentional touches. Well, this happens with me a lot, and this is the only reason I decided to disable the touch screen. Or may be you do not use the touch screen at all. So, in this case, it is a wise decision to turn off touch screen on Windows 10 laptop.
Now we know have the reasons to disable the laptop’s touch screen. So, we will now discuss How to Disable Touch Screen on Windows 10 in detail. So, our readers who are not familiar with the method can learn and turn off touch screen on their Window 8 or 10 laptop.
How to Disable Touch Screen on Windows 10
There is no dedicated option to disable the touch screen. However, you can disable or enable the touch screen on Windows 10 through device manager. We will discuss this method in detail and will share step by step guide with our readers.
Guide Disable Touch Screen on Windows 10
If you want to turn off the touch screen on your Windows 10 or 8 laptop then follow the step by step guide carefully.
- Open Windows Settings from Windows Start Menu.
- Open Devices from the Windows Settings Menu.
- Now from the right sidebar options select Device Manager.
- Now you are inside the Device Manager. Find Human Interface Devices in Device Manager.
- Click on Human Interface Devices to access a complete list of Interface devices which also includes your touch screen.
- From the listed options find HID-Compliant Touch Screen. Right click on it and click disable.
- A warning message box will show up telling you that it may effect the working of certain devices. Click Yes.
Following the above method will completely disable the touch screen on Windows 10. You will not be able to utilize the touch screen and tapping on the screen will do nothing. If you want to enable the touch screen then follow the same process and in the second last step click on enable. This will enable the touch screen on your laptop.
I hope now you have an answer to question; How to Disable Touch Screen on Windows 10. If you are facing some issues then feel free to comment below.