There is no doubt that iPhone is a very user-friendly device, but the phone may get slow or start acting up due to too many unwanted files. Therefore, it is important to erase unwanted files from your phone. In this article, we are going to discuss how to clear cache on iPhone.
Removing junk files from your phone will improve the performance especially if it is an older model. Unlike Android, IOS does not need too much attention, but still, it requires maintenance to get the most out of OS and device. So, in this article, we are going to discuss a couple of different methods to clear cache on iPhone.
How to clear cache on iPhone:
Delete the Safari Cache on iPhone:
Safari is the default browser on most of the iPhones. In fact, 95% of iPhone users prefer Safari for web browsing. So, let’s delete to safari cache to free up space on iPhone.
Note: This will sign you out from all the websites you have logged in.
- Open the settings menu, find Safari and tap on it to access the options.
- Now scroll down again and tap ‘Clear History and Website Data’.
- This will open a pop up. Tap on ‘Clear History and Data’. This will delete Safari cache on iPhone.
The above method will not only delete the Safari cache but will also free up space on iPhone.
Clean App Data on iPhone:
This method will answer your question “how to clear cache on iPhone?” Most of the people are not aware that there is an option to clear app data on iPhone. So, let’s find out how you can clear app data to free up space on iPhone.
- Open Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage.
- Now open Manage Storage.
- Now look for the application which taking a lot of space on your iPhone.
- Open the application and tap on Delete App.
- This will delete the application will all its data.
- Now head over to the App Store to install a fresh copy of the application. This new copy of application will not take too much space on your phone.
Also Read: iPhone 8 Design Leaked in Live Video
If you follow the above method then it will delete your application data as well. So, we recommend this method only if the application data is not important for you. If application data is redundant then this is the best method to free up space on iPhone.
Free up space on iPhone by restarting:
IOS is pretty good when it comes to memory management. However, it is recommended to restart your phone occasionally as it clears up the memory. It is just a simple restart and nothing else. However, it is very effective especially on the older models of Apple.
How to clear cache on iPhone using PhoneClean:
There are different third party applications available in the market which can clear cache on iPhone. You can find plethora of applications on App store. However, we recommend our users PhoneClean. It is the best application to clean and maintain your iPhone. The best thing about the application is that it gives you high standards of privacy. You can also find an official guide on How to clear cache on iPhone using PhoneClean but let us explain it in simple words for our readers.
- Download PhoneClean on your windows machine or Mac Book.
- Connect your iPhone with a data cable.
- Open PhoneClean and click scan.
- When phone scan is completed, click on clean.
It is very simple to clear cache on iPhone using PhoneClean. However, it comes with some paid features as well which will allow to free up more space on iPhone.
We hope now you know the answer to your question; how to clean cache on iPhone. If you still have any questions feel free to comment below.