OnePlus 5 is one of the best smart phones of 2017. In all honesty, if there is any smartphone which gives tough time to Samsung Galaxy S8 then it has to be OnePlus 5. The latest snapdragon processor and a beefy RAM makes it a perfect smartphone. However, there is a misconception among people. Most of the people think if you clear cache of OnePlus 5 then you will delete application data as well. This is not true.
This popular 2017 smartphone comes in two variants. The top flagship of the company has a 8 GB RAM whereas the standard version comes with a 6 GB RAM. Since, there are no retail stores, therefore, you will have to buy the phone online from company’s website.
Also Read: Top 8 Cool Features of Android O
Before we move on to the main topic of how to clear the cache of OnePlus 5; let’s talk about different benefits of clearing cache of your smartphone.
Benefits of Clearing Cache of Android Phone:
Let’s talk about the benefits of clearing cache of an Android phone. At times when the phone is working slow or the user experience is not as smooth as it should be then clearing cache of your Android phone may solve the issue for you. Moreover, when some application is crashing quite frequently then it is highly recommended to clear the cache. In simple words, clearing cache will solve most of your issues. It will also make sure your phone works the way it should. You should also know that clearing android cache does not delete any data from your phone. It only deletes the temporary files which are practically of no use for you.
Methods to Clear Cache of OnePlus 5:
There are different methods to clear cache of OnePlus 5. We will talk about two different methods which you can use to clear cache of OnePlus 5.
Clear Cache of Applications on OnePlus 5:
If any application on your OnePlus 5 is acting weird and not working properly then you can follow the below step by step guide to clear the cache.
- Open Settings on your OnePlus 5.
- Go to Application Manager. You will find all installed applications here.
- Select the application which causing you trouble and go to App info.
- Find Clear Cache option and tap it. This will delete the application cache.
This clear the cache of the application. After performing this action you can now use the application again. Everything will be as it was before. However, it will make sure that application now performs better.
Clear Cache of All Applications:
If you have to clear cache of all applications then following the above method can be very time consuming. You do not have to worry as Android offers you a simple and hassle free method to clear the cache of all applications at once.
Go to Settings -> Storage -> Cached Data-> Clear All App Caches.
That’s it. It could not get any simpler, right?
Clear Partition Cache of OnePlus 5:
If following the above method does not solve the problem for you then you should proceed with partition cache wipe. Clearing the partition cache will wipe off the entire cache of your phone. It is most likely that after performing this action you will get rid of the issue you are facing. It will also improve the overall performance of your phone.
You should follow the below steps to clear OnePlus 5 Cache without deleting any data.
- Turn off your phone and go to recovery mode.
- To get in the recovery mode press Volume Down + Power Button. Hold this combination of keys till you get to the recovery mode.
- Select your desired language for the menu.
- Using volume rockers you navigate the recovering menu. To select any option use the power key.
- Select the Clear Cache/Data option from the menu.
- Now you will see two different options. One will clear the cache and the other one will delete the complete data from your phone. So, choose the option wisely.
- Select Wipe Cache option using the power button.
- Restart your phone.
This will solve most of your performance related issues. It will also boost up the performance of your smartphone. We would like to hear from you if our methods to clear cache of OnePlus 5 helped you in any way.