Windows 10, released in July 2015, is the latest version of Microsoft’s Windows operating system. Since Windows 7, this version is the most stable of all. In the early days of its release, we faced a lot of issues in Windows 10, but with constant updates, it got improved a lot. Still, there are some issues. At times users are not able to find some basic options on Windows 10 and this annoys a lot of people. Moreover, Windows do not come with some user manual or guide. So, it makes things even worse. A very simple example is that most of the people have no idea how to forget a saved Wifi network in Windows 10.
In this article, I will talk about Wifi connectivity issue. Most of the times, I get this error “can’t connect to this network.” I tried a couple of things and resolved the problem. The solution is to forget a saved Wifi network in Windows 10.
This was an easy task in early versions of Windows like Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, but due to unavailability of Wifi Settings in a taskbar, it gets complicated. In this article, I will guide you how to forget a saved Wifi network in Windows 10. Follow the steps enlisted below.
Forget a Saved Wifi Network in Windows 10:
- Find Wifi networks icon in the taskbar and click on it.
- A small window will pop up. Here, you will see a list of all available networks. Navigate to “Network Settings” and click on it.
- A separate window will open. From left hand side select Wifi.
- Now you will see an option Manage known networks click on it to access all saved networks on windows 10.
- A new window will open where you will find all the saved Wifi networks. Find your desired network from the list and click on it. After clicking, a “Forget” button will appear. Click on it.
That’s all. Now, to save a new password, click again on Wifi networks icon available in the taskbar. From a list of all the available networks, click on the forgotten network. Now, enter a new password and save it.
There are few things to keep in mind before following above steps to forget a saved Wifi network in Windows 10. Once you click on Forget button, your password will be removed and can never be recovered. So if it’s your personal network then go ahead, but if you are using someone else’s Wifi and don’t remember the password, then you have to ask them for the password. If you are still facing any issue or have any query regarding how to forget a saved Wifi network in Windows 10, then let us know in the comments below.