A lot of our readers reported that Samsung Galaxy S8 stuck at Samsung logo during boot up. This issue can occur due to both hardware and software fault. However, as long as your phone is able to boot up all the hardware components we can rule out the possibility of faulty hardware. So, in this case the issue is due to firmware issues and you can fix it easily.
Guide to Fix Galaxy S8 Stuck at Samsung Logo:
So, here we are going to discuss different methods to Fix Galaxy S8 Stuck at Samsung Logo issue. The first couple of methods are straightforward. Most probably following the first couple of methods will fix the problem for you. However, if in case they do not work out, then we recommend you to move to the last yet very technical method to solve this issue.
Force Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S8:
Remember those old days when we had removable battery smartphones? Well, those days were great. Now if your phone is stuck at logo then, in this case, it is not possible for you to turn off your phone. However, there is a very simple solution. We can force reboot our Galaxy S8, and if in case there is glitch the firmware then force reboot will fix it.
There is a combination of different keys which can force reboot your Galaxy S8. Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power key at the same time until your phone vibrates indicating that force reboot has been initiated. Make sure your phone has enough battery. If your phone is not charged or has less than 20% battery, then you should charge your phone first. In most scenarios, this force reboot method will fix Galaxy S8 Stuck at Samsung Logo in Bootloop issue.
Start your Phone in Safe Mode:
Most of the times booting device in safe mode will solve 99% of issues. When you boot a device in safe mode, it disables all the third party applications. So, it will help you in finding out if the issue is due to some third party application or it is due to some firmware bug.
Also Read: How to Fix Galaxy S8 System.android.sil3g Error?
So, we recommend you to boot the phone in safe mode by following below steps.
- Turn off your phone
- Press and hold the power key. Release the power key as soon as SAMSUNG logo appears
- Now immediately press and hold the volume down key until the phone restarts
- Safe mode will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen
- Release the volume down key as soon as you enter the safe mode
Now if your phone is working fine then we recommend you to uninstall all the third party applications. Why? Well, as long as your phone is working fine in safe mode, it means the issue is due to some conflicting third party application. And uninstalling all third party applications will Fix Galaxy S8 Stuck at Samsung Logo in Bootloop issue.
Wipe S8 Cache Partition:
Deleting the full cache of your Galaxy S8 may fix the Galaxy S8 Stuck at Samsung Logo in Bootloop issue. To clear the cache partition of Samsung Galaxy S8 have to boot your phone in recovery mode.
To boot your S8 in recovery mode and to delete the cache partition you should follow these steps:
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S8
- Press and hold the Bixby and volume up button and then press the power button
- Release the power button as soon phone turns on and keep holding the bixby and volume up buttons
- Leave all the buttons as soon as you see the Android logo
Now you are in the recovery mode. Use volume rocker to move up and down. Go to Wipe Cache Partition option and select it using the power button. And clear the entire cache partition of Galaxy S8. Please note it will not delete the data stored on your phone. It will only clear the temporary files.
Install stock firmware via SmartSwitch to Fix Galaxy S8 Stuck at Samsung Logo in Bootloop:
Those days are gone when you used to flash stock firmware using odin. Samsung offers a very simple method to install a fresh copy of firmware. There is a dedicated software; Smart Switch which you can use to flash stock firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S8.
If above methods do not work for you then it is highly recommended to follow the below method to fix Galaxy S8 Stuck at Samsung Logo issue. Follow the below steps carefully.
- Download Smart Switch from here
- Install Smart Switch on your system
- Connect Samsung Galaxy S8 with your system using a data cable
- Make a complete back up of your phone
- Select Emergency Software Recovery and Initialization from the menu
- Now select Software Update and Initialization
- It may ask you to enter the IMEI number
- It will now download the latest firmware
- Follow on screen instructions to install
Installing a new copy of firmware will fix Galaxy S8 Stuck at Samsung Logo issue.