If you own a Xiaomi smartphone, then you are fully aware there is no option to disable Google apps. The only possibility to disable these applications is to root your phone. However, there is another method which allows to disable Google apps on Xiaomi phone.
Most phones with Chinese ROMs have a lot of issues when it comes to Google apps. You cannot even install the Google apps. We have covered a method to install Google Play Store on Nokia 6 Chinese variant. The same method may work on other Chinese ROM smartphones like Huawei and Xiaomi. However, in the latest version of MIUI, there is a weird issue. There is no option to disable or uninstall Google applications. You can uninstall the bloatware taking up the extra space on your phone and running in the background for no reason at all.
Disable Google Apps on Xiaomi phones running on MIUI 8:
We understand it can very annoy when you do not have the full authority over your phone. It does not give you the freedom to use the phone the way you want to use it. Android is famous for the freedom it offers to its users. But when OEMs or ROMs limit this freedom this can get on nerves.
You can at anytime root your Android phone and get full access of your phone. This also allows you to use and customize it the way you want to. However, this method is not easy. A normal Android user cannot root the phone. And there is always risk of bricking the phone. So, it is not always advisable to root the phone if you do not have any or very little information about the process.
However, there is yet another simple method to disable Google apps on Xiaomi phones. We will cover a step by step guide below which will allow you to disable the useless applications from your phone.
- A Xiaomi Phone running MIUI8 skin on top of Android 6 or higher.
- Download QuickShortcutMaker application from Google Play Store.
Stepby Step Guide to disable Google Google Apps on Xiaomi Phones:
To disable Google Applications on Xiaomi phones with MIUI8 you should follow the below simple step by step.
- Install Quick Shortcut Maker application from Google Play Store. You can find the application link above.
- After installing the application, open the application, type installed in search bar and press search.
- Now select Settings icon with $Manage Applications Activity in Subscript.
- Create its shortcut on the homescreen by tapping on Create button.
- Now a new settings icon will show up on your homscreen.
- Go to homescreen, open the settings shortcutand select the app you want to disable.
- Tap on disable and allow to uninstall the updates.
Do not disable the Google apps you are not familiar with because you may end up damaging the core processes of your phone.
We hope you are now able to disable Google apps on Xiaomi phones without the need of rooting your smartphone. Let us know if you find this step by step guide useful. Do share your feedback with us.