Since the release, we haven’t finished discovering all the hidden features of Samsung Galaxy S8. It allows a user to do a lot of tasks. It’s really easy to explore, and by inspecting it through different ways, you can make it more user-friendly. In this tutorial, we will discuss how to change DPI on Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+. To do so, you do not need to root the device, as the previous versions of Samsung Galaxy do not allow you to change DPI without root or you had to use third party applications for this purpose.
In order to change DPI on Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+, there is a hidden setting, enabling it will allow you to set as per your preference. To achieve the task, you have to perform a series of steps. The first step is to enable “Developer Options“. Follow the detailed steps enlisted below to change the DPI on your latest Galaxy device.
Steps to Change DPI on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+
- Go to “Settings” and then “About Phone“.
- Scroll down and find “Build number” and tap on it.
- Tap on it 7 times to enter into Developer mode. As soon as you will tap 7th time, you will see a toast message saying “Developer mode has been turned on.“
- Now, just press the back button to go to the main “Settings” page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. There you’ll find a “Developer options“. Tap on it.
- Here, on the top of the page, tap on the switch to turn it on and then tap “OK” on the warning dialogue box.
- Scroll down to the “Drawing Section” and there you will find a “Minimum width“
- Finally, you can adjust the size of content by entering any number.
Remember, by increasing the value, the icons will get smaller, and text will be small too. In this way, more content will be adjusted on a screen. Whereas the icons will get larger, and you’ll find it easy to read a text once you decrease the value. On Galaxy S8, it is 360 by default and 411 on Galaxy S8+.
Well, the ideal value solely depends on your preference so start changing the value. Keep one thing in mind, do not set the values to extreme numbers. The screen might show the content too small or too large. In either way, the content will be hard to read. So to avoid this situation, change the numbers with short intervals. This will make it easy to get the perfect adjustment.
Let us know what value did you set? If you have any query regarding how to change DPI on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ then comment below.