Uber is one of the best and most popular ride services but it doesn’t mean that they are the only option available. If you had a bad experience with Uber, you don’t like the way the drivers treat you or they treat their drivers, the increased prices or you do not like their policies then you can simply delete Uber account and switch to some other option available in your country.
Deleting the app is the easy way to get rid of the app immediately but your personal details will remain on their servers and you can log into your account whenever you download Uber app again. Instead, if you delete Uber account, it will deactivate your account and after 30 days your data will be deleted too. There are two easy and simple methods. You can follow the steps of any method.
Delete Uber account via Android/iOS app
- Open Uber app from your smartphone.
- Sign in to your Uber account. If you are already signed in then skip this step.
- On the top left corner of the screen you’ll see three horizontal lines. Its a menu button. Tap on it.
- A half window will slide from the left. Tap on “Help” button.
- A new window will open. There, tap on “Account and Payment Options” button.
- A list will appear. You have to choose “Change My Account Settings” option.
- Scroll down the same list and at the bottom you will see “Changing my Account settings” option. Tap on it.
- On the next window, you will see “Delete my Uber Account“. You have to select it.
- After taping on that, Uber app will redirect you to a page. This page contains some policies about deleting an account. You can read it in detail or just go to the next step which is providing a reason to delete the account.
- The Uber app will give you some options. You can pick any one or multiple options. You can also type in “Other” section if the reason for which you are deleting an account is not mentioned in the list.
- Tap on “Submit” button.
Delete Uber account via Web browser
- Open any web browser and type https://help.uber.com/h/24010fe7-7a67-4ee5-9938-c734000b144a in the Url bar and then hit enter.
- A new window will open. Scroll down a little and then you’ll see a button “Sign In To Get Help“. Click on this button.
- On a new window, you have to enter your email address through which you logs in to the Uber account or enter your mobile number which is associated with your Uber account.
- After entering email address or mobile number, just click “Next“.
- Now it will ask you to enter a password. After entering a password, click “Next“.
- Scroll down a little and then there will be a box where you have to enter “Yes” to confirm.
- You can fill the rest of the form if you want to but its not mandatory.
- At the bottom, there will be a “Submit” button. Click on it.
Both methods are easy and deletes an account within no time. Still, if you have any query regarding how to delete Uber account then let us know.